I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Time to Reflect on 2017 and Look Ahead to 2018

I wrote a list in February of UFOs, WIPs and new projects.  What progress did I make?

My list at the start of 2017
Works in Progress
Carol’s friendship quilt
Hearts and Flowers 2
TQS 2017 BOM
Daisy’s quilt
Passacaglia quilt
2015 Quiltmania Mystery Quilt
Hexi wallhanging
Gem quilt
Phoebe quilt
Rambling Ways
International Miniature Quilt Exchange
...and a list of projects to start
Waiting to start
Etoile Rouge 2017 BOM
Quiltmania 2016 Mystery quilt
Amish II Nancy Rink Quilt
Diamond Hill by Esther Aliu
 

So...what progress did I make IN 2017?

 
Works in Progress
Carol’s friendship quilt -FINISHED
Hearts and Flowers 2 - FINISHED
TQS 2017 BOM - HALF COMPLETED
Daisy’s quilt - FINISHED
Passacaglia quilt - NO PROGRESS
2015 Quiltmania Mystery Quilt - NO PROGRESS
Hexi wallhanging - NO PROGRESS
Gem quilt - FINISHED
Phoebe quilt - NO PROGRESS
Rambling Ways - TWO BLOCKS DONE

...and my list of projects to start

Waiting to start
Etoile Rouge 2017 BOM - FIRST 3 MONTHS DONE - 9 MONTHS STILL TO DO
Quiltmania 2016 Mystery quilt - NOT  STARTED
Amish II Nancy Rink Quilt - NOT STARTED
Diamond Hill by Esther Aliu - ONE BLOCK ONLY DONE
 
What else did I make IN 2017?

Sampler quilt - half finished
Prim Log Cabin and wool scrap wall hanging - FINISHED
Roman mosaic test piece - FINISHED
Two Inktense bird table mats - FINISHED
Feathered star swap mini quilt- FINISHED
Two inktense postcards for swap - FINISHED
Prim crow quilt - FINISHED
Project Linus Gem Batik quilt - FINISHED
Large feathered star pieced and waiting to be sandwiched and quilted.

CONCLUSION - This was a worthwhile exercise as I didn't think I had done much at all this year.  I will try to review my 2018 plans each three months to see if this helps.

2018 Plans

WIPs and UFOs carried forward
 
TQS 2017 BOM - HALF COMPLETED - sewing machine
Passacaglia quilt - NO PROGRESS - hand work
2015 Quiltmania Mystery Quilt - NO PROGRESS - hand work
Hexi wallhanging - NO PROGRESS - hand work
Phoebe quilt - NO PROGRESS - mix
Rambling Ways - TWO BLOCKS DONE - hand work
Etoile rouge - 3 MONTHS DONE - sewing machine
Quiltmania 2016 Mystery quilt - NOT  STARTED - mix
Amish II Nancy Rink Quilt - NOT STARTED - sewing machine
Diamond Hill by Esther Aliu - ONE BLOCK ONLY DONE - hand work
 
Should I start anything new when so many projects are partly done? 
 

Priorities for 2018 - first 3 months

Sewing machine
Finish large feathered star quilt
International Miniature Quilt Exchange
 TQS 2017 BOM - HALF COMPLETED
Etoile rouge - 3 MONTHS DONE
 
 
Hand work
Hexi wallhanging - NO PROGRESS
Rambling Ways - TWO BLOCKS DONE
 

Review progress at end of March 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment