I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Saturday 9 December 2017

Fun with Inktense Pencils

I signed up for a Christmas postcard swap with the FB group UKQU Postcard Swaps and made two.

I used my usual method of ironing the cotton to freezer paper before starting to colour.  This stops the fabric from moving while you colour or paint.  It also protects your table surface once you apply fabric medium and start to blend colours.  I trimmed and backed the pieces with Timtex and them free motioned  - I hesitate to say thread painted as I used the thread sparsely, using black thread.  Lastly I fused some white cotton to the back of the card and used a zig zag \ satin stitich around the edge.  I hope the recipients will like them.




I so enjoyed making the Christmas robin postcard, I thought I'd have a go at a wren and a kingfisher.  Once they were painted, I didn't really know what to do with them.  I decided to make table mats from them.  It is such a bonus when you can find coordinating fabrics in your stash!  These were a lot of fun to make and didn't take much time.  I completed the wren first and then decided I wanted to make a bit more effort with the kingfisher, so got my ruler foot out.



3 comments:

  1. Ohhh these are so beautiful what a very very talented person you must be to draw so much feeling in to your wee draawings, I love the wee Robyn and would love to have some thing so cute and adorable on my wall. Keep working in this medium its a very special skill you have. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Glenda! I did a beginner watercolour course at Adult Ed last autumn. I hadn't painted or drawn before, so it was great fun!

      Delete
  2. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนัง 2016

    ReplyDelete