I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Thursday 3 March 2016

Five Weeks and Counting - This Flu is the Worst!

Despite still suffering with a hacking cough, I have managed to get the last border on my Sutton Grange quilt.  I am not adding the final cable border, as the quilt would be too big to fit in my hanging space.  62 inches is the maximum size I have for hanging - between two wall lights.

It has been so much fun.  Hand applique is SO relaxing and portable.  Now I need to think about how I am going to quilt this.  It is a 'busy' quilt, so there isn't enough room for large quilting motifs. Lots to think about! Happy quilting, all!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I find hand sewing very therapeutic, too. It certainly helps take the mind off of how ill you're feeling!
    Feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, such pretty colours. Would a circle motif be an idea for quilting? Decisions, decisions, it is not always easy! Get well soon, coughing away is so tiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for commenting! I'm still mulling over some of the quilting options.

      Delete