I rested my finger for about 10 days after putting a machine needle through it, while FMQing my tablecloth quilt. I say I rested it...I mean, I stayed away from the sewing machine. In the meantime I hand pieced a couple of rosettes for the Passacaglia quilt.
My finger is a lot better, so yesterday, I got back to machine quilting. I have missed it.
I have a number of misgivings about this tablecloth. I'm happy with the way the embroidered flowers are popping off the surface. I don't dislike the centre of the quilt. I painted the motif in the centre, as it really didn't look defined enough with just machine stitching. I don't like the colour of the painted, swirly motifs in the corner. I may try painting over them with a lighter shade of blue. I also painted the dragonflies and a few flowers. I'm OK with these, except that I have noticed from the photo, that one wing of the dragonfly doesn't match the other. This should be easily fixed. . What I really don't like at the moment, is the texture of the scribbling on the quilt or the way the four FMQ motifs around the edge look. I echoed around the motifs three times. At the moment, I think they look messy - not the look I was going for. If push comes to shove, I can scribble over the tops of these, but I'll wait until the whole top is quilted, and then decide. It might be that I just need to go over the scribbling to improve the appearance and texture of the top. Time will tell. The edge of the quilt is rather dull. In retrospect, it might have been better to add some cotton fabric behind the tablecloth and extended the quilting out further. Lots of things to think about!