I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Monday 23 June 2014

On the Back Burner

I have made a good start on the Flowering Urn Medallion Quilt but it will now need to sit on the back burner, as I need to be making teddies for the Hugglets Teddies Festival in Kensington Town Hall,  London on the 14th September.  I have had a six month break from teddy making, due to severe headaches after a head injury in January.  The headaches have reduced in frequency and I now feel up to going back into my workroom.  I need to feel well and focused when making my one of a kind bears.

A teaser photo of my latest bear:


The flowering urn quilt will be worked on during my patchwork group meetings for a while. I will need my needleturn 'fix'!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that Teddy's eye is crying out to me saying please take me home and love me. it is unbelievable, tell me it just the photo he is really not almost crying and wanting a home a lots of love ?????? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda
      He is a sweetie, if I do say so, myself. Poor chap will have to wait until September for his new home...but I'll give him some cuddles to keep him happy in the meantime! xx

      Delete
  2. I love my sewing groups and the work that I get done at them.
    Cute sneak peek of the bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spending time with others all sewing away. Joining a patchwork group was a great move for me. We all had a great day out at the Quilting Championships last week.

      Delete