I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Di Ford Mystery Quilt Part 3 Finished


Part 3 is more or less finished.  I really enjoyed needle turning the broderie perse and I love working with hexagons.  It will probably be about a month to six weeks before I get the fabric pack for part 4, so in the meantime, I've started another project, the Flowering Urn Medallion Quilt by Rosemary Makhan.

A photo from the pattern book:
 I think it is lovely as is but I intend to change the colours to the fabrics I have in my stash.

If I run out of steam, the pattern book has another pattern for a wallhanging (with the same centre)...so I have a back up plan if I baulk at piecing all those stars!


...although, that dogtooth border looks difficult!

I've marked up the central medallion and about a quarter of the stems are done.

I'm off to the National Quilt Championships Show at Sandown on Friday with the lovely ladies from Hawkinge Patchwork Group.  I can't wait to see all the beautiful quilts on show...and I'm hoping to buy a few supplies while I'm there!

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sue !! You've done a fantastic job on the DiFord quilt -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! It's much appreciated.xx

      Delete